It’s the last day of July and yup! You guessed it – I’m still pregnant! 😀
Judging by my low belly, my co-workers and my mom guessed that I would give birth by the end of July. They were dead wrong. My estimated due date is August 7th so I still have another solid week ahead of me.
I have to say, I was envious of the women who gave birth early. They were able to hold their babies sooner, be a mom sooner and not have to feel like a waddling swollen penguin anymore! 😛 I’ve seen so many pregnancy forum posts of women who had their precious babies as early as 35 weeks! I believe Kim Kardashian had to give birth 5 weeks early as well due to some health reason(?). But I know early births are usually riddled with complications so I am hoping that my full-term baby will be given a clean bill of health.
And in terms of updates regarding my pregnancy, here are some minor and major ones:
- Baby boy is growing well @ 6.6 pounds and heartbeat at 130-139 BPM. My belly fundal height is at 34 CM and labor might be right around the corner judging by the small amount of amniotic fluid. *Crossing fingers!
- Since I technically failed my 1 hour and 3 hour glucose tests, my doctor sent me off to a specialist for a second opinion last week. I was very worried but everything turned out fine. She says that I don’t have gestational diabetes and the urine in my sugar was probably from stress or from too much sugar in my diet. 🙂
- I believe I had some false/pre-labor contraction a few days ago. I woke up from my nap and just felt “off.” I felt like I had indigestion and started feeling some small cramps. My back started to ache a bit and my belly started stiffening up every 20-30 minutes. This steadily went on for 4-5 hours but eventually dissipated and disappeared.
How Far Along: 39 weeks + 1 day
Weight gain: 39 pounds. WOWZA.
Maternity clothes? YES. The few maternity clothes that I do have are my best friends. Even all my large t-shirts are getting snug on me…
Stretch marks? Nope. I’m crossing my fingers that my long torso and cavernous uterus will hold up for another week. My co-worker who is 4 weeks behind me is very jealous of my cavernous uterus.
Sleep: Sleep has been good. I’ve been sleeping 8-9 hours every night with minor discomforts and napping additionally for 3-4 hour stretches of time. My husband says you can’t call them naps anymore when you hit the 3 hour mark. 😛
Movement: He’s still movin’ and groovin’. He likes to kick and squirm starting from midnight on. He’s going to be a handful.
Food cravings: I’ve still been on a beef kick but nothing out of the ordinary.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really.
- I’m really starting to swell now. I feel like I have water retention EVERYWHERE!!!
- Aches in my shoulders, hips, knees and now my fingers and toes!! Every time I wake up, even from a short nap, the joints in my fingers throb and ache. They are definitely somewhat swollen and stiff. I wake up a few times in the night because of it. I read online that it’s due to the hormone progesterone and other hormones relaxing my joints for delivery. Oh yes, and water retention playing a big part.
- Frequent pains “down there.”I get them a couple times a day now.
- Braxton-Hicks contractions are more frequent but not what I would define as painful. Just uncomfortable.
- I’m eating quite fine now. I can eat normal meals without feeling overstuffed. It’s probably due to him dropping further down.
- I still feel hot & sweaty 90% of the time.
Belly button in or out? I don’t think it’s going to pop. I have a very persistent belly button that wishes to stay an innie.
Wedding rings on or off? Definitely off.
Best Moment of the week? My false/pre-labor contractions were scary but I’m hoping that it means that my little man will be making his grand entrance soon.
Looking Forward to: hopefully my last week of pregnancy!