All my posts have been about my pregnancy lately but there is honestly nothing else truly occupying my thoughts and life besides my little man. 🙂
I went to my 37 week check-up 2 days ago and I was told that:
– I’ll be having weekly check-ups from here on out.
– Since the last time I saw my doctor 3 weeks ago, my belly’s fundal height went from 28CM to 33CM. WOW. He is a-growin’! 😀
– I had a feeling that he “dropped” into my pelvic region but wasn’t quite sure. My doctor agreed with me after seeing this fact on the ultrasound machine. 🙂
– I gained another 2KG in 3 weeks.
– My 3-hour glucose test for my blood came back normal but she says she’s concerned about the small amount of sugar in my urine. She suggests I cut back on my sugar intake. Uhhhh…
Oh, and I can’t say enough wonderful things about my husband. He has been amazing and I am so glad to have him as the father of my child.
Here is a candid shot of him last night. He was watching cookies bake. Isn’t he the cutest? 😉
How Far Along: 37 weeks + 3 days
Weight gain: I have no idea. Close to 40 pounds gained?
Maternity clothes? YES. My body is not what it was a month ago. I can’t fit into practically any of my pre-pregnancy clothes now. I now look at them and wonder how I ever fit into those size smalls!
Stretch marks? Nope.
Sleep: It’s hard for me to sleep comfortably because of all the extra weight. My shoulders are always aching from switching sides.
Movement: He doesn’t really kick anymore. More like thumps and squirms. I hear less movement is normal since there’s less space and less amniotic fluid.
Food cravings: I’ve been craving more protein as of 2 weeks ago. I want eggs, turkey bacon, ground beef, … just beef in general. But also loving waffles and pancakes with maple syrup. Yum!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really.
- Aches in my shoulders, hips, knees and now my fingers and toes!! Every time I wake up, even from a short nap, the joints in my fingers throb and ache. They are definitely somewhat swollen and stiff. I wake up a few times in the night because of it. I read online that it’s due to the hormone progesterone and other hormones relaxing my joints for delivery. Oh yes, and water retention playing a big part.
- Frequent pains “down there.”I get them a couple times a day now.
- Braxton-Hicks contractions are more frequent but not what I would define as painful. Just uncomfortable.
- I’m eating quite fine now. I can eat normal meals without feeling overstuffed. It’s probably due to him dropping further down.
- Pregnancy fatigue has hit again. My afternoon/early evening “naps” last 3-4 hours. When is a nap not considered a nap but sleep? 😛
- I still feel hot & sweaty 80% of the time.
Belly button in or out? I don’t think it’s going to pop. I have a very persistent belly button that wishes to stay an innie.
Wedding rings on or off? Definitely off.
Best Moment of the week? I had a dream last night that I gave birth! Maybe it’s a sign?!
Looking Forward to: my hospital tour next week.