My baby will be considered full-term in a couple of days! I’m excited, nervous, … just a bundle of nerves with each passing day. A lot of the August moms in the pregnancy forums already had their babies and I wonder, “Will that be me?” Each and every pregnancy/labor/delivery is so different that I truly don’t know what to expect! But even with my anxiety over labor, delivery and being a mom, all of that disappears every time I feel him squirming about and making himself known. I feel so blessed. 🙂
Before I go into my weekly pregnancy update, here are a few snapshots from this week:
My husband and I decided to treat ourselves to a popular eatery for a rare lunch date and we were glad we did! My husband smartly ordered the scrumptious Hoisin Pork Belly sandwich with sriracha aioli and parmesan fries while I got the mediocre Bangers ‘n Mash dish.
My remote access home setup. Sweet, eh? 🙂
My favorite fast and easy go-to dinner: Chicken hot dogs with frozen veggies and rice spritzed with ketchup and Tabasco. I grew up with Japanese style Omurice and I’ve been feeling nostalgic for my mom’s cooking. 😦
And here is the husband using the trusty paper towel as his headrest. I had taken all the pillows. 😛
Skyped with my mom and our little sassy dachshunds! Love them to pieces! 😀
And now, onto my weekly pregnancy post! 🙂
How Far Along: 36 weeks + 3 days?
Weight gain: I weighed in at 36 pounds last week. So somewhere close to that.
Maternity clothes? YES. My body is not what it was a month ago. I can’t fit into practically any of my pre-pregnancy clothes now. I now look at them and wonder how I ever fit into those size smalls!
Stretch marks? Nope.
Sleep: It’s been on and off. There are days I take 2-4 hour naps in the afternoon and days where I’m perfectly fine.
Movement: He’s very energetic at least twice a day and throws in a few thumps and squirms spread out in between.
Food cravings: I’ve been craving more protein as of 2 weeks ago. I want eggs, turkey bacon, ground beef, … just beef in general. But also loving waffles and pancakes with maple syrup. Yum!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really.
- Aches in my shoulders, hips, knees and now my fingers and toes!! Every time I wake up, even from a short nap, the joints in my fingers throb and ache. They are definitely somewhat swollen and stiff. I wake up a few times in the night because of it. I read online that it’s due to the hormone progesterone and other hormones relaxing my joints for delivery. Oh yes, and water retention playing a big part. I say this time and time again but I am utterly amazed at what my body can do!
- Frequent pains “down there.”I get them a couple times a day now.
- I had a few painful Braxton-Hicks contractions a few days ago. It caught me off guard and completely took my breath away. I can’t even compare the pain to anything. It’s probably just a tip of the iceberg of actual labor but it felt like pin pricks and a minor charley horse cramp in my uterus. Fun times.
- I get shortness of breath from time to time.
- I’m eating quite fine now. I can eat normal meals now without feeling overstuffed. It’s probably due to him dropping further down.
- My fingers, feet and face have started to swell. Fingers definitely. Feet and face? Not so sure. It could just be fat.
- I still feel hot & sweaty 80% of the time.
Belly button in or out? In but not really? I don’t think it’s going to pop. I have a very persistent belly button that wishes to stay an innie.
Wedding rings on or off? Definitely off.
Best Moment of the week? He stretched or something and I saw this HUGE bulge sticking out from the middle of my belly! It was incredible!
Looking Forward to: holding him in my arms! ❤