You can actually see a difference from week 31 to now. Baby is getting big! And… I’m not too sorry about the mess in the picture. Tidiness? Brushing one’s hair? What’s that? 😛
How Far Along: 33 weeks
Weight gain: 36 pounds or more? I haven’t checked since last week.
Maternity clothes? YES. I can still fit into my cardigans but I can’t say the same about my shirts.
Stretch marks? Nope.
Sleep: Sleep has been okay but not fantastic. I’m waking up more frequently throughout the night. I woke up for the first time this morning to go pee. I’ve been one of the lucky ones that was spared the frequent urination until this week. I’ve also been waking up throughout the night because that’s when our little one likes to dance and say hello to mama.
Movement: He’s moving all throughout the day now. More so in the evenings but still a definite increase in movement overall.
Food cravings: Mostly the same as last week. Yogurt, CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES, cereal and juice.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Eating too much.
- Aches in my shoulder and neck.
- I get shortness of breath all the time now. I get it even when I’m lying down. My husband pointed out that I’ve been sighing more. It’s not sighing. I’m just trying to gulp in more air!
- I am struggling to finish a proper meal without feeling like a balloon ready to pop. I get full quickly and feel distention almost every time I eat.
- Fatigue is at its’ all-time high. I’m always tired now.
- My fingers, feet and face have started to swell. Fingers definitely. Feet and face? Not so sure. It could just be fat.
- Knees have started to ache. This is probably due to my 36 pound weight gain…
- Pregnancy brain is really getting out of hand lately. I’ve been dealing with forgetfulness and careless typing mistakes x 2!
Belly button in or out? In but just BARELY. Feels weird.
Wedding rings on or off? Definitely off.
Best Moment of the week? Looking through all the newborn clothes. Can’t believe he’s going to be that small!
Looking Forward to: Buying more baby and mama essentials this weekend. I’ve started to “nest.” 🙂
As you know, we are having a boy but I had so much fun playing around with those gender predictor tests in the first few weeks. Here are some fun gender-predictor tests for all you early mommies-to-be. I’ll play along just to show you how “right” they were. 😉
- If you’re carrying high, break out the pink. If your bump is low, you’re carrying a boy. I was always carrying low. Correct.
- According to legend, 140+ beats per minute indicates a girl, and below 140 a boy. Our boy came in over 160 beats in the beginning. Incorrect.
- Craving ice cream every single day? Some people believe this means it’s a girl. If you have to have salty or sour stuff, then it’s a boy. I’ve loved sweets from day one. Incorrect.
- Legend has it that the Mayans determined a baby’s sex by looking at the mother’s age at conception and the year of conception. If both are even or odd, it’s a girl. If one’s even and one’s odd, it’s a boy. Both odd. Incorrect.
- If you’re breaking out like crazy, blame it on your girl babe. The belief goes that girls steal their mother’s beauty, hence, those annoying zits. I was breaking out before baby. But I was acne city my entire 1st & 2nd trimesters. Incorrect.
- Pop off your wedding ring — if you still can! — and tie it to a string. Hang it over your belly. If it swings in a circle, a little guy’s in your future. If it goes back and forth, you’ve got a girl. It swung in a circle. Correct.
30% accuracy for me. Although, the last one gave me quite the interesting show. It swung in a circle but I wanted to mess around with it so I slowly brought it over my face. It started going side to side! I put it back on my belly and it started to slowly circle. It was sort of creepy.