This has nothing to do with pregnancy changing my taste buds or cravings. I didn’t think I was picky with my food until my husband noted otherwise. Anywho, here are the bulk of my main dislikes:
– I love raw onions in my burgers and salads but that’s it. I usually pick out cooked onions, push it aside or eat around it. I basically don’t like the texture. It’s slimy and I just don’t like it.
– Same as the onions; I don’t like the texture. I’ve only tried the ones my mom made but I abhor it. It’s slimy and feels like mush in my mouth.
– I’m not sure if I’m lactose intolerant but I definitely do know that it is an irritant. Perhaps it’s due to that irritant (gassy/upset stomach) that correlates to my dislike of milk or also the fact that I had a horrible vomiting incident at the age of 7 when I drank spoiled milk at my aunt’s house. I still remember it like it was yesterday. Our family of 4 was living in a 1-bedroom apartment at the time and the milk vomit smelled so bad, we all had to sleep on the living room floor for a week. I can still recall the smell.
– Falafels are usually made of chickpeas or fava beans and fried. Falafels are widely popular and I was surprised not to like it – especially since it’s fried! I haven’t tried it in many restaurants so maybe that’s the problem? But the few times I have, I never ended up finishing an entire ball.
– Honestly, I don’t understand the concept of eating raw oysters. I’ve heard some people say that you swallow them whole while some say that you are to chew a few times before swallowing. I even read up on this VanityFair article before trying again on one occasion – “The Right Way to Eat a Raw Oyster.” Whichever the case, I’ve tried both ways and have also tried them with a spritz of lemon/cocktail sauce/Tabasco. They smell and taste brine-y and always manage to get stuck in my throat. I hate it.
– If you know me, you know that I love fruit. I can eat fruit all day if I wanted to unless they’re a papaya. I always pick it out or just ignore them all together and throw it out if it’s in my fruit salad. I can’t describe my dislike for this rather popular fruit. It’s just not my cup of tea.
– What are some of your dislikes?
– Do you like oysters? And if so, how do you eat an oyster?