After seeing Rebecca‘s cute post, I felt inspired to follow in her footsteps. 🙂
1. Did you have a set bedtime as a child? If so, what was it?
– Up until 8th grade, I had to be in bed by 9 ‘o clock. Once I hit high school, that all went out the window since I was up studying for my AP classes every night.
2. Were you taught to be a member of the “Clean Plate Club?” Did it have affect your eating habits as an adult?
– I don’t ever recall my parents urging me to finish my plate. My mom gave us heaping portions of everything so we never felt the need to have seconds, crave desserts or be greedy about food. I usually leave something on my plate and I rarely feel guilty about it.
3. Share one thing that you were not allowed to do as a child.
– I was not allowed to watch The Simpsons until junior high. My mom thought it was a bad influence on kids. 😛
4. What is the cheapest gas price you can remember?
– I remember it being $1.20 in LA!
5. What was your favorite thing on the playground?
– I loved the monkey bars. Remember how it was cool to show off your calluses? 🙂
6. Share one thing that your parents always made you do that you didn’t like doing.
– I hated going to Sunday school. I went to a catholic church so we had to be stuck in Sunday school for 1.5 hours and then get escorted in for another one-hour long Mass. Hated it!
7. Do you remember your first kiss? If so, share the details!
– I was 18. I was a new freshman in college and was at my first underage house party. I drank too many vodka cranberries and this older guy started making out with me! It was NOT the first kiss I was expecting! 😦
8. Did you prefer to play inside or outside?
– Outside. I loved riding my bike, rollerblading, playing chinese jump rope and creating adventures. Oh, the 90’s. How I miss thee.
9. What was your favorite TV show growing up?
– I don’t know if I had one particular show. All I know is that I was glued to Nickelodeon. I watched a lot of Rugrats, Doug, Hey Arnold!, Ren and Stimpy, Clarissa Explains It All and Are You Afraid of the Dark? Oh and Saved by the Bell and Full House!
10. Share one awesome childhood memory.
– I’ve had a good share of child memories but I love the camping ones the best. I loved the whole thing! Packing up, making a tent, making a fire, exploring the woods, catching tadpoles and the smell of the trees.
Bonus: Share a picture of yourself as a child.
– I think I was 7 @ the time. My brother is the one probably in the stroller. Don’t you love my hot pink Barbie roller skates, flowered tights and fat headband? Not to mention the divalicious crook in my elbow and bended knee? Natural model! I used to pore through my mom’s Vogue and circle the women I liked best. 😛